Hey everyone! It’s been 5 days since the start of the Shape-Up Challenge and I am sooooo sorry for not posting each day. I know that was one of my goals and I failed! It’s been such a crazy week and I probably could’ve done much better but I let the crazy schedule get the best of me.
But on an exciting note – it was the last week of undergraduate classes for me EVER! It was such a whirlwind week of banquets and end of the year activities. I had my 2 amazing cheat meals already (which means none for this weekend!)
On Wednesday we got cupcakes at the Flying Cupcake Bakery which makes those amazing gluten free cupcakes I posted about a while back and I got the Orange Dreamsicle which was pretty amazing.
Thursday night we celebrated my boyfriend’s birthday early since we’ll be out of town for his real birthday. I surprised him and took him to the BARcelona Tapas Restaurant in downtown Indy so we could get a taste for the yummy Spanish cuisine we’ll be having in exactly 2 weeks!!!
- Ham and cheese croquettes with spicy aeoli
- Garlic shrimp in a buttery tomato sauce
- Roasted cauliflower with pine nuts, raisins, and spinach
- A skewer of chicken and chorizo with more aeoli
- Grilled salmon with an olive tapenade
We shared most of these and they were seriously small serving sizes! We also had margaritas and finished off the night with a piece of flan and creme brûlée.
We thought we’d need more food but by the end we were stuffed!
We’re so excited for Spain!!!! Only 2 more weeks.
After eating we walked around downtown and caught a glimpse of American Ninja Warrior being filmed then decided to check out a new bar called “The Broken Beaker”. It’s a science-themed bar! How neat! They serve everything in beakers or test tubes! Such a cute idea.
Back to the Shape-Up Challenge – this week’s schedule was out-of-whack but I know that’s not an excuse. I’m determined to get back on track since today marks exactly 2 weeks until we board our transatlantic flight.
Because next week is bound to be even crazier than this past week (graduation, finals, family coming into town, moving, and packing for Europe!) I know it’s going to take some hard-core discipline to be healthy.
Some updated goals:
(although all the ones from the first post still apply!!)
- Cheat meals 2 times per week, 1 drink per week (it’s graduation!)
- Make a schedule for each day of finals week and include workouts/meals
- Sleep at least 8 hours each night – which means minimal procrastinating on finals!
- Drink lots and lots of water and make a big batch of iced green tea for the week! 🙂
- Make sure to get a big serving of veggies at both lunch and dinner.
- Workouts: Run or walk 3 times per week, 3 sessions of BBG, 1 hot yoga class, 1 Zumba class and try to stay active throughout the day!
- Keep blogging to stay accountable!
On a random note (but very health-related) – my Polar A360 activity tracker has been tracking my sleep for the last 4 days or so and it analyzes restful sleep vs. rest-less sleep. And it looks like I lose about ONE FULL HOUR to rest-less sleep each night! So I usually try to go to sleep 8 hours before I have to wake up and I only get about 7 of that. I do notice I wake up throughout the night a lot and change positions but does anyone else track their sleep habits and know anything about this? How can I improve my sleep?
What are your summer plans?
How do you stay healthy?